Historical and Folklore Museum
The Historical and Folklore Museum is housed in a restored Venetian building with an interior courtyard. Eight halls with collections that include textile and basket weaving,
embroidery & lace, costumes, ceramics, historic photographs and maps, weapons and coins. Over 5.000 items dating from the 17th to the 20th century are displayed.
The church of St Francis
The church of St Francis was built in the Venetian period as the Franciscan Friary church. It is a single-aisled basilica with a wooden roof and an ornate Renaissance doorway in the Corinthian style. Two chapels are also preserved east of the church.The Turks converted the building into a poorhouse. They also built a girls’ school next door in 1796 but the original building has been destroyed. The old school visible today – and still used as a primary school – was built in 1890